Welcome to Einstein eLearning!
Einstein eLearning builds technologies and services that provides a learning experience on specific issues, that enables people to connect with each other and that allows to build communities around specific issues of interest. These terms govern your use of the Einstein Platform and related software services, except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply. These services are provided to you by Einstein eLearning in the name of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Office Madagascar.
1.) The services we provide
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide the services described below to you:
Provide a unique learning experience. From the posts, events or other content you see in an activity feed to the courses you follow and other features you might use, we seek to offer a unique learning experience.
Connect you with people and communities you care about. We allow you to find and connect with people, groups, or organizations that matter to you across the Einstein Platform. We allow you, for example, to join learning communities, to attend events and to connect with people you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when people are connected to others they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you. There are many ways to express yourself on the Einstein eLearning Platform and to communicate with friends, family or others about what issues matter to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos or videos – , sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile.
Combat harmful conduct and protect and support our community. People will only build community on the Einstein Platform if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our services, harmful conduct towards others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement. We develop systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our services.
2.) How our services are funded
The use of this service is entirely free of charge. The financial burden for providing this platform and related services is covered by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. The use of this service does not imply any committment to see ads or buy products. Posting ads that encourage users to buy products are not allowed on this platform.
3.) Your commitments to Einstein eLearning and and our community
Einstein eLearning provides these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments: You must (1) use the same name that you use in everyday life, (2) provide accurate information about yourself, (3) create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes, (4) not share your password, give access to your Einstein account to others. We try to make this service broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use this service if (1) you are under 12 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use services like ours), (2) we’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
We want people to use the Einstein Platform to improve their knowledge on specific issues and to share content that is important and related to those issues, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so): (1) You may not share anything that violates these terms, (2) the community standards of acceptable behaviour on social networking platforms, (3) that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent, (4) that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including intellectual property rights. (5) You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our services. (6) You may not access or collect data using automated means or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions. If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our these provisions, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or services; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies. We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to the Einstein eLearning Platform.
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems (a) where immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations, (b) your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it, (c) where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our services or systems), d) comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence, (e) comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our services (for example, images, videos, or sounds), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
4. Additional provisions
Updating our terms and conditions
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our services better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make any changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We will notify you (via the activity feed, via push notification or via email) at least 7 days before we make changes to these terms before they go into effect, unless changes are required by law. Once any updated terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our services.
We hope that you will continue using our services, but if you do not agree to our updated terms and no longer want to be a part of the Einstein eLearning community, you can delete your account at any time.
Account suspension or termination
We want Einstein eLearning to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas. If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our terms or conditions, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons. Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services or systems; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons. If you delete or we disable your account, these terms and conditions shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best service we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our services, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our services. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these terms or the Einstein Platform services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply. If you are a user of our services, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these terms and conditions, and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in competent courts located in Antananarivo/Madagascar.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and the Einstein eLearning Platform, regarding your use of our services.
- If any portion of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these terms and conditions, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these terms and conditions must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
- These terms and conditions do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life). We will inform you in advance if we have to do this and explain why.
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.